The many faces of a project:
- As a developer I spoke of hurdles, challenges and technical drama.
- As a sales person I spoke of what the customer wanted to hear.
- As an architect I spoke of the vision in all it’s intricate conceptual glory.
- As a marketing person I spoke of the company gain off of customer work.
- As a manager I spoke of the business of delivery and the balancing act of customer wishes.
The truth is an element of all of these views and no one view exclusively.
If you are in a position of oversight, remember who you are talking to.